Saturday, February 25, 2017

Mental Illness 101 (Free Printable Resources)

Every year at the Claremont Colleges in February, a student group called Splash hosts an event called Claremont Splash. It started at MIT and has since expanded to Stanford and schools across the nation.

From their websiteSplash is a once-a-year (FREE!!!) event where high school students come to the Claremont Colleges and Claremont Colleges students teach classes on literally (yes literally) anything (math, poetry, long boarding, socks….) 

I was the volunteer graphic designer for a couple years-- I designed the table tents, posters, and flyers.






Claremont Splash 2017 is TODAY! I am teaching 3 classes, which I am very excited about. (Facebook Page)

Last year, I taught a very successful 1 hour class on mental illness and its effects. I am teaching the class again today, and found that my resources for last year were good. Like, really really good.

If you are interested in teaching a similar class, or want some resources on mental illness, I am offering my materials here. Please, teach, learn, share!

From strength to strength, Rivi

Resources:

Mental Illness 101: Fact Sheet

Mental Illness 101: Disorders 

Mental Illness 101: Rivi's Lesson Plan



No comments:

Post a Comment