Saturday, March 4, 2017

Birthday Wishes


Guess who's gonna be 21 in less than 3 days (March 7)?? It's ME!

I'm not much for the drinking, the gambling, or the partying. I did get to celebrate a couple weeks ago with my family and the Weisses (who surprised me in Santa Monica). Hopefully I'll get to celebrate with some knitting and a glass of good scotch. You know, like classy people do.

The drinking age in Scotland is 18
So although my love language is giving/receiving gifts, I am not asking for gifts this year. My mom made me a beautiful basket of 21 teal colored awesome things (teal is my favorite color), and I've got some great celebrations with family and friends.

So, in lieu of gifts, I am providing a list of 21 of my favorite random acts of kindness.

EDIT: I will not object in any way, shape, or form to gifts :D Feel no obligation to bestow them upon me, but, ya know, gifts are lovely and wonderful and awesome sauce. (She says as she casually links her Amazon Wishlist)



Try one, try 5, try all 21. None of them are particularly difficult or time consuming. So spread the love, send out some kindness and good vibes, and help me celebrate another awesome year of life.

From strength to strength,

Rivi

Printable Checklist Version

Rivi's Birthday Wishlist: 21 Random Acts of Kindness

1. Write and send an old fashioned letter. Trust me, it's not as difficult as you think. Put pen to paper and connect through writing.

2. Write a thank you note. Not for a gift-- that's a give in. Write a thank you note for something that usually wouldn't require a handwritten note. Thank your colleague for smiling every morning. Thank your mother for raising you well. Thank your friend for always listening and having your back. Take a second to appreciate everything you take for granted.

3. Buy a coffee for a stranger, either in person or via gift card. I do this by buying $25 worth of $5 Starbucks gift cards, and then adding a note and leaving them in random, but easily seen, places. Usually I write on the card case "Have a coffee on me! - Stranger"

4. Leave your waiter or waitress an extra generous tip.

5. Pack Ziploc bags with granola bars, travel size toiletries, etc. and keep a few in your car or purse to give out to homeless people on the street.

6. Donate blood, sign up to be an organ donor, and/or sign up for the bone marrow registry.

7. Clean out your closet and donate clothes you no longer wear

8. Pass along a favorite book (or several) to friends or family

9. Send coloring books (or DIY coloring pages) to a local children's hospital

10. Offer a couple hours of free babysitting for new parents

11. Smile at everyone you see for a day (then keep up the habit!)

12. Offer to cook dinner for someone in a tough time

13. Knit/Crochet or buy beanies and donate them to cancer patients

14. Give a local police officer or other city worker a pack of Extra gum with a note that reads: "Thanks for all the EXTRA work you do to keep our community safe!"

15. Write inspirational quotes and words of encouragement on sticky notes and stick them around your community.

16. Put together a care package for your teacher or your child's teacher with school supplies, treats, and other goodies.

17. Bring in homemade treats to work or class.

18. Practice self care and kindness by giving yourself time to recharge and refuel.

19. Make an old fashioned mix tape/CD/playlist for a friend.

20. Help your roommate, family, or friends with their daily chores (laundry, dishes, etc.)

21. Make your own list of random acts of kindness and share it to pay it forward

No comments:

Post a Comment