Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Quality of Life Planner



How the Erin Condren Life Planner Helps me Enjoy Life

In a recent post, I talked about how using a bullet journal helped me to become more flexible, less frustrated, and overall more creative and open-minded. In this post, I will be continuing the series, and talking about how using the Erin Condren Life Planner helps to enhance my happiness and quality of life.

This post is not sponsored in any way, all opinions and ideas are my own. However, it is dedicated to my Nonny and Poppy (my mom's parents), who gifted me this wonderful planner for my birthday this past March.






One of the consequences of having ADHD is poor working memory. Basically, if you tell me to do something, no matter how focused I am at the time, in five minutes, I will completely blank on what I needed to do. In addition, often I can't even remember my activities for past or future days. If someone asks me, "so, what did you do this weekend?" it will take me a few minutes to recollect what I spent all my time doing.

In addition, I have poor planning skills. No, let's rephrase that. I am a planning genius-- because I have my life planner to help me. Having a visual scrapbook basically to decorate not only excites and invigorates me, but also serves as a functional tool to manage my life and the world around me.



In my life planner, every week is a new start. So maybe last week I ate junk food and didn't exercise once. It's a new week, with new stickers and habit trackers, and it's a new beginning and opportunity to build a better version of myself.

Plus, I love decorating my planner, especially with stickers (many of which I make myself). Getting to go back at the end of the day or week and add in stickers and notes about how I filled my days makes me remember how truly blessed I am to have the life I am living.


It's a way to visually see every part of my life, the activities that fill my days, the goals that I plan for, and the life that makes me who I am.

With love,

Rivi




Note: The Erin Condren link is a coupon referral code, and the sticker link is to my Etsy shop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment