Thursday, November 17, 2016

If you want something done right... (Free gratitude printable!)

If you want something done right, you're going to have to do it yourself...

I work at a social skills after school program, and this week was my week to plan the activities. As you can probably guess, that's kind of my favorite thing to do-- design arts and crafts to do with kids and then have fun doing them together.

I had a lot of ideas, but I knew I wanted to have some kind of gratitude activity, with a simple template outline. Pinterest was helpful to a point, but here's what I found--



1) Over half of the designs had something about God or scripture. So those were out.

2) The designs had to be free, which isn't usually a problem with all the awesome bloggers online. Still, it cut out some of my better options.

3) Any non-religious gratitude templates were either way too blank and free form, or already had half of the words filled in (and yes, God and Jesus were on there).

4) If it wasn't too plain, the design was too advanced, with specific prompts and not a lot of artistic potential.

5) Did I mention that God plays a big role in these printables? It's surprisingly difficult to find a quote or design that doesn't have bible passages on it.

So, as the title suggests, I made one myself. I'll write another post about how I made this, because it took only about 15 minutes. I am including a link here, or you can just click on the image below and print it.


Happy thanksgiving, and I am grateful for all of you!!


Love,
Rivi

No comments:

Post a Comment