Monday, September 9, 2019

Life Updates: September 2019



Alright, it's been a while since I've posted. A lot has happened. A lot has changed. For the sake of clarity for future posts, let's talk about my life.

I started this blog because-- actually, I'm not quite sure why I started this blog. I liked writing, I liked sharing stories of my life in (and now post) college, and I wanted to share that with whatever small audience I might have who was also interested. This blog has given me a lot of closure for certain aspects of my life, such as what I call "the dark years" in high school when I suffered severe mental illness and misdiagnosis (full post here)

I want this blog to be a place where I can share my truths and my life, the good things and the tough stuff. Here's a little of both, in the last couple months.



August 1, 2019: I moved to Berkeley! My dad and I rented a U haul and my mom and sister helped pack up my place in Claremont. I want to write a longer post soon about why I decided to move, because there were a lot of factors that played into it. I am so happy to be closer to my family and the community I grew up in, along with the eclectic wonderment that is living in Berkeley, California.

August 19, 2019: I started my new job as a preschool teacher at a beautiful nature based preschool in Kensington called The Good Earth School. I was originally hired to work full time as the assistant teacher to the Redwoods (the 3-4 year old classroom), which I did for the first week and a half. More on that in a minute.

August 27, 2019 (Tuesday): I have my first anxiety attack/breakdown in the middle of the school day. I will write a longer post on this later as well, but in short, my amazing bosses/the preschool directors listened to my story (I've had anxiety for as long as I can remember and anxiety attacks are nothing new. However, these are often a warning that something in my life is not working and should be changed). We worked together on a plan to move me into part time/half day work.

That's the main topics of my life right now. I am working a 20 hour work week, floating around different classrooms but mainly working in the oldest (3-4) or the youngest (18-24 months) classroom. I really like being able to use my creative skills and have my afternoons free, and I am beyond grateful to the community around me, especially my work environment at The Good Earth School, for seeing me for my potential and my possibilities rather than what holds me back.

Stay strong, and I will write more later. Comment if you have a topic you want me to cover-- I love the engagement!

With love and strength,

Rivi

1 comment:

  1. Did you get my comment? It was a freaking novel; I clicked “preview,” and it disappeared. ��

    ReplyDelete