Monday, March 16, 2015

Arrived safely in Costa Rica

I have officially made it safely to Costa Rica! At the moment, I am sitting in my quaint bedroom in my host family's home, writing this blog post and preparing to start my day. Projects Abroad, the program I am working with, will pick up all the students at 9 am (it is currently 8:45 am here). So I figured I'd throw in a blog post, let you all know I'm here.

I am so excited to be here. This week I will be working in childcare facilities in Costa Rica-- perfect for me, right? I met a couple other girls on the program last night, or they may be on a longer trip. The other student staying here is from Germany and she's here for 7 months on a gap year. 

My Spanish is increasing rapidly. It has to, because my host family speaks no English. My host mother is very sweet and always speaks slowly and helps me to correct my pronunciation. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll have a good understanding of the language. Also, thank god for google translate and free wifi. That saved last night's attempt at a conversation. Flipping through 100 pages of Spanish words to try and find the word "learning" was getting very awkward. 

I think I hear the doorbell, which means I am off to start my day. I believe today is mostly orientation, but I'm super excited nonetheless. I'll keep you updated through my journey; I'm very happy that the house has wifi. 

I'll also try and post pictures. My camera also doubles as my iPhone, but I'm hoping the quality will still be great. 

Super psyched for my week ahead!

Love always, Rivi

My bedroom at my homestay. As you can tell, I've already moved in...


No comments:

Post a Comment