Sunday, March 15, 2015

Knitting Projects: Socks

This blog will definitely be a platform for me to display/brag about my latest knitting projects. My current accomplishment: I just finished my first pair of socks!! They have yet to be gifted away, though Aunt Debbie (Hudson) did request some booties so she may have first dibs. 

Socks were the next challenge I set out to figure out. I've heard that turning the heel was the hardest part; I actually found it not as terrible as I thought, though I simply did loathe picking up stitches for the gusset (the triangular part next to the heel). The pattern I used was called "Easy Peasy Socks" and I found it on ravelry. It was very clear, step by step, and was created for a beginner sock maker like myself. I can attach the PDF of the pattern when I am on my computer. 

I do think they came out very nicely! I used Red Heart Soft yarn in the light blue color. It was on sale at michaels. If you do end up trying out this pattern, I highly suggest buying two balls of yarn. I got halfway through my second sock when I ran out of yarn. I ended up starting over, because I had made some mistakes anyways, but then there was a delay in making the second sock so it was a bit annoying. 

(I don't think anyone would think I got paid or sponsored for this post, but for the record, I did not. This was the pattern I used; it's a free pattern anyways. And the yarn is the one I used because I like this brand and its soft).

Here are the socks!!


2 comments:

  1. Please continue this great work and I look forward to more of your awesome blog posts. knitting factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me. New Zealand turistvisum

    ReplyDelete